Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Winter's Walk

Dressed in 3 layers from head to toe and equipped with sunglasses and visor, I head out for a walk along Salmon Creek.

I was surprised to discover that the surface of the creek was frozen.


All along the way I was serenaded with the constant chirping and rustling made by sparrows. Most flitted away as soon as I got my camera out, but this critter was quite intent.


I am fascinated by just how much color is produced by bare branches of shrubs and trees.


This wooded trail seemed quite appealing.


These hardy maple leaves make a nice contrast to the blue sky.


I have posted pictures of the creek water and ice formations in the following entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been hearing about the cold up in your area. Is is far from normal, isn't it? I was born in Oregon and lived there briefly as an adult, and remember how warm the winters were along the coast.

Thanks for stopping by gardenpath!