Thursday, December 18, 2008

More white stuff

The thing about snowfall is that it's so quiet. I awoke this morning to find it had been snowing through the night. We had less than an inch on the ground, but it was making more of an impression than Sunday's snowfall.



It was warmer (above 30) and very pleasant. It was coming down pretty thick when I went for a walk through the neighborhood.


I'll never get used to this! Snow has always been something I "went to" --- like a day trip in the mountains to ski. It's just not something I think of as being at my home.

There's plenty of food out there for the critters.


My Russian neighbors used a shovel to gather up snow from the street and sidewalks to make a snowman.


The sun came out during the day and there was a lot of melting, but the snowman (woman?) persevered.

1 comment:

Quiet Paths said...

This looks serene for sure. I love your yard. We have another 3-4 inches and it IS quiet and quite cold. It's thermo layers for us this week.