Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A Walk Along the River

It was a beautiful morning for a walk along the mighty Columbia. Rosie the Riveter was the first to greet me.


Next was a gaggle of geese parked in the path. (Egad! That's a lot of geese poop.)


Fortunately, I was headed in the other direction. The path was bordered with beautiful, moss-covered stone and iron rails.


The winter light was pale and these trees were among the few to still be losing their leaves.


That's most likely an Osprey nest on the pilings.


It cannot be said that the I5 bridge is a thing of beauty!


It wasn't until I was driving home that Mt. Hood glowed in the distance. It's hard to portray the drama of this image on the horizon.

2 comments:

Ron Bloomquist said...

Well done.

Great photo of the mountain!

My Year Without said...

Your lack of words adds more than words ever could. What an inspiring, peaceful blog to visit. Most blogs seemed rushed and busy. I really like yours and have forwarded it on.