Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow on Stuff

We're having a "once every two or three years" snowfall. It's been snowing all day long! I'd be enjoying this so much more if I didn't have to get to the airport at dawn (pre-dawn this time of year) on Monday. Freezing rain is predicted for tomorrow.

But today we are blanketed in 3 - 4 inches of "powder" (and it's still coming down thick). It is lovely stuff. Here are some of the usual suspects in my yard.






All the above were taken this morning. There's even more snow now. My hydrangea's have been transformed into giant snowcones.


I came across a neighbor's mailbox on my morning walk.


Even the lowly fire hydrant took on extra charm.


A neighbor's car.


I had to drive to the pet store to board my bird (Sophie). At my house the snow nearly topped the sidewalks.


This scene is from Andresen - a major boulevard. I was grateful for everyone's caution. We were crawling at 20 miles per hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, I'm here in Portland,a victim of the storm! Had a layover on my way to Vancouver and Air Canada canceled my flight! Am at the Pony Soldier Best Western. I know you can't come to visit, but call me if you get this message. I am in Room 163 at Best Western. 503.256.1504.
Anne Ferguson