Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ice on things

Last night it was eerily bright all night long. My sister surmises that the city lights were reflected in the cloud cover --- which was reflected in the snow layer. Who knows? To my surprise, the paper was still delivered this morning. It took me a while to understand the strange gait of the delivery person. He was crunching through 5 - 8 inches of ice-crusted snow.

Here are my boot-prints.


Anything and everything was coated in a thing sheath of ice. The bare branches of the Japanese maple provided a perfect foil.


It's hard to take pictures when everything is white. But here's on pine tree frond.


It's fun to greet the neighborhood kids on my walks. I couldn't go far this morning, but it's hard to keep the Russians indoors during this weather. It's been a great opportunity to connect.

For comparison's sake, here are the standbys:




Here's hoping the shuttle shows up today and the my flight's not delayed. This may be my last post before Christmas (if not 2009). Have a good one.

1 comment:

Quiet Paths said...

The Buddha has a white shawl - even more so now. Wow! We have a lot of snow too. Have a beautiful Xmas Suz and a Happy new year. Travel safely.