Sunday, December 14, 2008

We got snow!!

Okay, this may be small potatoes for someone who gets real snow ... but here in the Willamett Valley (e.i. Portland/Vancouver) ... this is big news. Not to mention, I grew up in Woodland Hills on the outskirts of LA. I think it snowed once during the 20 years I lived there.

Hydrangea's line my entryway. Each leaf is a cup of snow.


The last remaining blooms caught some flakes as well.


My ever serene Buddha has a light patina of snow.


It's continued to snow all day, but it's never going to be enough for snowballs.


This video shows the snow falling in my front yard:


This video shows the snow flurry in my neighborhood:


I went out for a walk and got caught in a heavy snow flurry. While is was coming at my back I was all right. I had to adjust my hat and scarf when walking into it. As a friend remarked, "there isn't cold weather -- just poor clothing". It's been around 28 degrees all day. I had good clothing.

This is a scene from my walk. The dogs thought this was grand!

2 comments:

Quiet Paths said...

Looka' that! You got some wet stuff. How pretty it is in your yard. I especially like the Buddha with the snow shawl. We have about 6 inches of very dry snow. It's about 2 above right now.

suziam said...

Yes, I know. This is small potatoes for folks like yourself. But for a "valley girl" from L.A. this is big!

Six inches of powder --- wow!