Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I do NOT own a cat!

For all the good it does me! I eschew cats as pets because I want to preserve bird life. I have a bath, feeder and nesting box toward this end. Without any pets of my own to claim their turf, some six neighborhood cats (at last count) have claimed my yard as theirs.

Here's my neighbor's Manx (bobbed tail not seen):


Here's another beauty of unknown origins:


This calico has been particularly possessive:


This is the newbie, who seems young. She is unafraid and came right up to my back slider. She's also very interested in the birds.

1 comment:

Quiet Paths said...

Hi Suzanne: Fun post here but I share your frustration with keeping your yard bird safe. We have four extra neighborhood cats which I chase with a broom on regular basis. No whacking; just chasing.