Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall's a-happening

sunrise: 7:39 AM
sunset: 6:10 PM


We lose 92 minutes of daily sunlight between October 1 and October 31. There are great web resources for sun and moon rise/set and all sorts of twilight times.

Too bad smells can't be transmitted over the web. It is intoxicating to be outside this time of year!


It's kind of like spring in reverse. Folks talk about sitings of especially splashy colors.


My dogwood is just beginning to drop its leaves.


I can't resist raking them up ... even though I know there's a whole tree-full yet to drop.


This Witch Hazel Arnold Promise is still in the pot, but putting on quite a show.


The birch are nearly entirely yellow now.


Even the hostas (pronounced like 'hostages' - not 'hostess' as was my inclination) are turning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your photos...they are really nice...

Ron Bloomquist said...

Great color!

Now,

When's daylight savings time go off?

I can't wait!!