Thursday, April 03, 2008

Moving Right Along....

My 4' x 6' wall mirror was taken away this morning. I didn't have the heart to photograph the event. The shipper (crusty, nicotine-infused, 50-something) hired a "day laborer" off the street and kept referring to him as "amigo". He was a sweet young man with good English.

Ok, so as they're going down my stairs, (I couldn't look) the expletives were flying. Not exactly vulgarity, more along the lines of "Watch it!! .. Where are you going? .. I know it's heavy! .. UP! UP! .. How ya' doing, amigo?"

When asked, I was informed they didn't transport large pieces of glass very often. *gulp* But all is well that ends well. No breakage while they were here.

I have a taker for the desk! Actually, I have three takers. It will be taken away tomorrow afternoon, for a $50 fee.

No comments: