Sunday, April 27, 2008

Last Goodbye - April 9, 2008

Lolli's car was loaded to the gilly-gobbers (as my sister would say). The movers folded the living room carpet and tied it on. She took everything from toaster ovens to potted plants.



Next stop was picking up my sister Nancy Anne at the BART station. We headed to the rental office to turn in my keys. It was bittersweet -- but I had done my grieving and leave-taking in the prior month.



Our next stop was Rita and Sallie's condominiums for dinner and a place to sleep. We were turned back at the Golden Gate Bridge due to protests surrounding the Olympic Torch. We wound through the streets that I knew so well.

A shower at Rita's refreshed us. My sister Nancy doesn't drink and the wine is having its way with her.






I was exhausted beyond measure and deeply content to be with these women I love: Nancy, Sallie, Rita and Lolli. We had a wonderful time laughing and being silly.

No comments: