Monday, March 02, 2009

Winter Color!

Today's been one of those on again off again days. One minute dazzling sunshine, the next black clouds and a brief squall --- very emotional weather!


But color's in the garden. My little Witch Hazel twig has provided a lovely shower of yellow for the past month. This display should be much more spectacular when this tree/shrub gains some size.


The crocus bulbs are blooming. They too are new and small. Crocus tend to naturalize and multiply over time.


I only planted about half of the mixed pack of 100. Either I chose the yellow and white bulbs, or there weren't many of the purple. No matter. Yellow and white is fine by me.

1 comment:

Quiet Paths said...

I like the notion of Spring as an emotional season. It is! You have quite a colorful bed of crocus. They are so lovely.