Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fort Vancouver Walk

Last Thursday was a sunny day, perfect for an afternoon walk. Fort Vancouver affords tranquil alleys with little traffic.


For some reason, I found this row of utility vans intriguing. That's the I-5 bridge in the background.


Mt. Hood is at its best in the late afternoon light. Since Vancouver is west and north of the mountain, it's in shade much of the day.


That's the tip of Mt. Jefferson poking above the distant Cascades with Portland's Mt. Tabor in the foreground.


I love this copse of trees lit up in the afternoon light.


I came across the first cherry blossoms of the season. There was a brisk breeze so I wasn't able to get any detail as everything was swaying and wiggling.


I love this walk. It's a pleasant way to get in 4 miles and discover little neighborhoods tucked away off the beaten path.

I'm not sure if this is Mt. Rainier, but the amount of snow and its alignment make it a strong candidate. It's the smaller mound to the left of Mt. St. Helens.

1 comment:

Quiet Paths said...

Mount Hood in all its glory! Beautiful. You really are seeing spring; we are still just on the verge...