Thursday, February 26, 2009

Portland Stroll

For a day that started out with snow on the ground it was pretty darn sunny. I call this "emotional weather" as in a mercurial temper "characterized by rapid and unpredictable changeableness of mood".

I usher downtown, right across from this intersection at Broadway and Main.


This is just one of the several dozen sidewalk posts/hand rails bordering the theater. (Don Quixote perhaps)


I've always loved the way a cityscape is self-reflecting.


Another neighboring building is the Sovereigh apartment complex right next to the Oregon Historical Society. Trompe l'oeil was never better.


I pass by the Southpark Seafood Grill on my walk from the parking garage to the theater. It is always so inviting -- and always has customers.


Yes, that's a salmon diving through the building -- a pure Portland landmark.


The art museum is just a few blocks away and is home to one of Portland's heritage elm trees.


In taking closer shots I wasn't sure which was more interesting - the tree or its shadow.

2 comments:

Quiet Paths said...

I enjoyed this stroll. I was in my early twenties when I visited Portland to check out a school there. I don't believe I've ever been back, but I wouldn't recognize it, I'm sure. You had some great perspective shots. I really like the salmon.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photography!