Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Hachooo!

We're having a little cold snap here --- in more ways than one. For the past two days we've had intermittent SNOW and hail flurries. It's not even that cold, but it was snowing!

And I'm sniffling ....


Yes, those are PC handkerchiefs I ordered on the web from Lartisana. Decided I was denuding the planet with my Kleenex usage and switched to cotton a few months ago. They're getting a work out.

Meanwhile the trees are noticeably "pinking". I was surprised to see that even my backyard maple is budding up.


Throughout the yard anything that can send up shoots or sprouts is doing so. If I were feeling better, I'd provide more examples -- just trust me on this.

2 comments:

Ron Bloomquist said...

Hachoo or not, hang in there. It's gonna get better!

Quiet Paths said...

Wonderful shots of the budding trees and shrubs. Your area is SO much different and I look forward to more of what's popping up in your yard. All your work last year will be up and blooming soon. We have been using paisley bandanas for sniffly noses for years; the kids have colds right now so I hauled them out. Get well soon!