Saturday, August 16, 2008

Road Trip

July 25 - 28 ~ No sooner did my brother and his wife leave than my sister and I took off for the San Juan Islands. I had never been there before.

Everything being relatively impromptu, we waited at every ferry landing for several hours. PLAN AHEAD if you ever make this journey (especially on a weekend in summer).



But I was enthralled with the magical tranquility and beauty of the inner passage ways.



We "couch surfed" on San Juan Island and Guemes Island. Our hosts were generous and welcoming. We got an intimate taste of life on these islands that a hotel or spa could never provide.

My niece, Royce is a camp counselor at "Camp Orkila" on Orcas Island. She and Nancy pose for a snapshot in East Sound, Orcas Island.



See the entire slide show at my Picasa website.

No comments: