Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My New (old) Door!

July 23 ~ I was prepared to buy a new door. Imagine my surprise when Arty of Arty's Door Shop suggested that I just put windows in my existing door. Cool!

Now about the paint. My sister has had a feature article from the Oregonian on her wall for the past two years about a Portland paint company, Chromatix . I was honor-bound to use their Fine European Paint on my door.

I went so far as to BUY the paint before I realized just how extraordinary it was. No way could I or my painters apply this paint. I hired Mike Snelson in Tigard, OR to do the job.

Here Nancy and Tom carry the precious cargo home.



Here's my brother Tom installing the hardware. The hinges, knocker and doorbell are still on order.



And here's the finished product. It's still more orange than I'd like. I'm told it will cure to a deeper brick color. I love it's glassy sheen.

No comments: