Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Notes from the Northwest

I went up to Washington over the weekend to retrieve my keys from the management company and take a look inside. My house smelled and looked as fresh as the day I bought it.

I'd never seen these bloom at my house before. The tenants always told me there was year-round "color". I'm not a camellia fan, but must confess these are pretty.



It will take a while to get used to seeing snow-capped mountains on my daily errands. The Cascades, Mt. Hood and Mt. Saint Helen's (below) were all in their full winter glory! This tiny picture doesn't do much to convey the majesty of their presence.



A morning walk after a night-time rain found the streets peppered with earthworms. It was hard to walk without stepping on one. This was a first for me.

1 comment:

Ron Bloomquist said...

Nice. Love the worms!!

I see you added "Beating the Bounds". I like that blog. Nice folks.