Monday, March 24, 2008

My first day NOT to go to work

First off, I was up at 6:30 AM. Instead of "nada, zilch, zero" I have 15 days to do the following:
  • pack
  • advertise half my furniture for sale
  • find a way to dispose of what I can't sell
  • pack
  • make room for things for sale to be accessible (not buried in stuff)
  • get an "obstruction permit" to clear parking space for the moving van
  • schedule moving day, loading day and departure day
  • write thank you messages
  • pack
  • have a good-bye party
  • take bird to vet for last appointment
  • see friends
  • pack
  • walk at least 40 minutes every day
  • lose 20 pounds (maybe not before I leave)
  • do NOT have a nervous breakdown
  • keep packing
  • make travel plans for drive to Washington
I'm sure there's much more I haven't remembered just now. I keep thinking how similar this process is to being pregnant. So much has to be done months in advance -- starting with giving notice at work. This is the final heat now.

No comments: