Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring gone wild!

My friend Yvonne and I walked through her Portland neighborhood yesterday afternoon. At 75 degrees, my cotton jacket was tied around my waist.

Rows of flowering plum lined many streets.


I knew about tulip magnolia blooms ...


But I didn't know that so many trees flowered before they leafed out.


Gardeners were out and ready to respond. We talked to at least half a dozen.


It seems that my own cherry tree went from buds to blooms in a single day. I even had to mow the lawn!


Another view -- during a late afternoon siesta. Cotton candy or pink popcorn come to mind.

2 comments:

Quiet Paths said...

Wow, that just blows my mind. Those blossoms are magnificent. I love 'em! Nothing like that here yet; even my rhubarb is too small and knobby to photograph. Great pics.

Sallie said...

And such lovely photos they are. I can easily imagine them. You are so right...it's all about contrast. That's what makes life colorful and interesting. I look forward to my return trip...