Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Marauders

It was so convenient to hang seed and suet feeders for the birds off the trellis. But by the second week in April the squirrels woke up from winter and found all those nuts and suet just waiting for them.

S'pose they need food too, but they can empty a feeder in a day or two -- that might last over a week for birds.


So off to the Backyard Bird Shop I went. I got the tallest feeder they had. I still needed to add a little "tent" gizmo to keep them from climbing up the darn pole!


So far so good. The squirrels still hang around the bottom and eat all the "spill". I took the screen off my kitchen window and moved the feeder closer so I can photograph the birds from indoors.

Just so you know, that's a Pine Siskin noshing away.

1 comment:

Quiet Paths said...

That top one just cracked me up! What deliberation!