Monday, May 05, 2008

Two Girls and a Dolly

OK, one of the big changes for me was having a washer and dryer of my own in my home -- a first in my life! I resisted the urge to buy the latest and greatest and found a matched set on Craig's list for $200.

But before I could install them I needed to prepare the laundry nook which needed some battered old plank shelving removed, then the walls painted and new wire mesh shelving installed -- all of which took me about a week to do.

My brother told me about "appliance dollies" -- oh my! They work miracles (along with a willing sister to help with the brains and muscle).



Et voila! Piece of cake.



After correcting everything we did wrong (drain not properly installed, hot and cold intakes reversed) I am happy to report it all works PERFECTLY!!!

No comments: