Saturday, February 23, 2008

My last day at work before my replacement arrives

I nearly cried when I sat down at my desk first thing in the morning. I love my work. There is so much -- and such a variety -- of things to do.

Computer "work stations" have always reminded me of a pilot's cockpit -- everything is within arm's reach. Perhaps I could be the poster child for 3M's post-it notes.



So much care and effort goes into organizing projects, records and supplies. Even these things are a part of who we are. This too, is letting go.



I'm not a great office decorator, but the silk flowers and my photographs made a big difference. (I always have several art calendars.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They found a replacement? It must have been hard, but you know, you'll quickly move on, and a few months from now, it'll be a chapter you can look back on with warm memories.