Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Last drive to Ojai

I made probably my last drive from San Francisco to Ojai. I love those 380 miles along Hwy 101. I know the route by heart -- Salinas, King City, Paso Robles, SLO, Pismo Beach, Los Olivos and the San Marcos pass. Lovely.



I brought down a large chair - one that's more suited to my brother's large home than either my small apartment or new home.



Here I am out hiking with my Leki trekking poles. I was so thrilled that my hip pain disappeared entirely and immediately when using them.



Here Vickie and Tom, my brother, take in the view. There's a tiny wedge of Lake Casitas visible just beyond the ridge on the right.



I grew up in L.A. at the foot of a hill. I've been looking up at or down from coastal mountains all my life. They're in my blood. I will always return to Ojai.

1 comment:

Ron Bloomquist said...

Great photos.

Hey, check this out:

http://www.streetfilms.org/archives/bike-move/