Saturday, January 12, 2008

What I'll Miss in San Francisco

Who says I can't digress from packing from time to time? Walking along Ocean Beach is one of my favorite things to do. It offers natural beauty and unsurpassed people-watching.



People abound of every age and condition. There are children, families, friends, tourists, lovers, old folks, dog walkers and very, very happy dogs!



I love the crash of waves, the constant motion, the dancing light and swooping birds.



It's impossible to be depressed at the beach. Surfers, bikers, rollerbladers and college students come to play with their perfect bodies, youth and energy.

How ironic that the Golden Gate Bridge is just a few miles away -- where so many jump to their death.



There is also a constant parade of ships coming and going. I love to watch them shrink as they leave and grow larger as they approach.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely, Suzanne. I hope that when you reach Oregon, you continue your blog!