Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Word About Boxes

If there’s anything this society has a surfeit of it’s boxes! Any store or business will shower you with free boxes. That said, I chose to buy fresh packing boxes for uniform stacking size.



Naturally, I searched on the Internet. I read reviews of local movers and tips on planning and checklists. I found several companies devoted just to boxes.

At first I was thrilled by the low prices of U-Line. But their pricing edge diminished significantly once shipping costs were added in. Even flat, corrugated boxes are bulky – hence costly to ship!


Living as I do in a densely populated megalopolis I was lucky to find a local vendor that could beat a large shipper’s pricing. Here in the Bay Area, I found Bay Area Box Express – BABE for short – a nice touch, I thought. Plus the dog's cute.

1 comment:

Sallie DeWitt said...

You are going to be a great blogger. Good with words and photos...can't get better than that. Looking forward to progress reports. A new adventure. Paving the way for the rest of us...