Friday, December 28, 2007

Moving out in slow motion


It's not unlike cleaning the refrigerator or a closet. You make a big mess and remove everything from it's place.

The difference is that I'm not going to return things back in their places. It took 15 boxes to pack my books --- just my books!

I was going to pack my books by TOPIC -- but quickly realized that size and weight were the more important properties. The first boxes weighed in at 75 pounds! After a little research and soul-searching I re-packed the boxes to balance the weight and keep it to something I could lift. It's not just the movers who will lift these boxes. They'll be moved from room to room (by me) both before and after I move.

2 comments:

Ron Bloomquist said...

Let me be the first to comment.

"Comment"

There!

Sillyness aside, this could be a helpful blog leading the way for other folks moving towards another stage in their lives.

Good idea!

NancyCakes said...

Wise person say, "Glad you, not me."

As your sister, I say, "I can't wait!"

We have so much to look forward to.
Borrowing digital cameras (yours), minivans (mine).

See ya' at A Place In the Sun, Palm Springs, in 2 1/2 weeks.

Love for now, NA